10 Ways to Promote Your Website
A website is the collection of numerous web pages which contain multimedia content. It has a DNS (Domain Name System), which can be published on a web server only. You can get access to this website with the help of the IP (Internet Protocol) network.
Different types of websites are there like E-commerce website, Catalogue website, Informational website, Blogging website, Mobile Device website, Community Building website, and others for different purposes. LAN and Internet are the common IPs that provide access to these websites.
The 10 ways of promoting a website
Basically, professional website designers use their own tactics for promoting a website which results in providing a SEO rank too. The top 10 ways for promoting a website are:
- Correspondence: It is the very first thing you should put the notice to promote your website. You should make a separate web page which contains the web address and the contact details along with compliment slips, business cards, headed papers, and others. This will create a good impression on your customers as it gives a professional look to the website.
- Promote the website with a sale: If you have any commercial website with a number of products then you must offer a discount or a sale. As people will love shopping with discounts, this will give you the best way to start and it will be beneficial for promoting the website too.
- Other advertising: Other advertisement includes online auction sites which help the customer to visit there and buy the services or the products offered by you. It will help in the exposure of the website.
- Join the related discussion groups online: If you join this type of group then the URL of your website will be visible and you will be activated.
- The customer-focused emails: After getting an order from the customer, you must send a reply email direct to the customer stating various information like percentage of discounts on the product, free delivery, the expected delivery date and so on. It makes a good impression on the customer and your website will be suggested to others too. You must remember that quality is also an important matter.
- Make content for other websites: If you have the skill of composing any content then you must write on your web pages along with other websites. The other website may get a boost, but you will receive a link back which will make your identity as an expert of that service.
- Company vehicles: Another important way to promote your website is through the usage of company vans and vehicles. If you have transportation means then you must paste the URL of your company’s website in each of these. You may use any logo stickers for grabbing the attention of people.
- Promotional and advertising material: Whatever medium you choose for advertising and promoting your company like posters, flyers, adverts, press release, newsletters and so on, should include the website’s URL on them.
- Voicemail and automated telephone: It is a widely used medium which will have a great impact on promoting your website. If you own a 24/7 customer support, you must put the URL of the website in the voicemail and automated telephone recording. The customers will get to hear this as they contact you.
- Email signature: Make sure that you have created an email signature which will be followed by the company’s address, contact number, email ID, fax (if any) and the URL of the official website.
The importance of promoting a website
Social media plays a great role in helping your website to be unique and thus promotes its services or products. With the help of this facility, your website will be able to enjoy the additional benefits of the SEO service as well.
These are effective ways by which you can promote your website. Your website may also get SEO ranking.