Here’s how to pick the best anti-snoring device
As per the National Sleep Foundation, about 90 million people in the country snore, out of which 37 million are habitual snorers. Snoring can be a sign of sleep apnea; while it affects both genders, this condition is mostly observed in men. Fortunately, multiple brands have come up with innovative solutions to help control snoring. Among various anti-snoring products, mouthpieces are the most popular. Over the years, these devices are evolved to be easier to use and more comfortable.
3 key reasons to use anti-snoring devices
Anti-snoring devices such as mouthpieces are considered to be highly effective in curbing the snoring habit. Apart from ensuring that your and your partner’s sleep isn’t hampered, here are some key advantages of using this solution.
- Health benefits – Snoring is not a dangerous health issue; however, in rare cases, if it’s left unmanaged for a long time, it could develop some serious medical problems including blocking of the throat, lung infection, stroke, congestive heart failure, or permanent liver scarring. Regularly using an anti-snoring device can significantly minimize the risk for such potential health hazards.
- Budget-friendly option – Most mouthpieces for snoring are pretty cost Moreover, they can be used for several months, and even years if you maintain them properly.
- Easy maintenance – Most anti-snoring devices are easy to maintain. They can be disinfected using a combination of water and toothpaste (one that doesn’t contain baking soda or whitening agents) or denture tablets.
5 things to look for in an anti-snoring device
Before you buy a device, ensure that you scrutinize the following important parameters.
- Quality of materials – While shopping for a mouthpiece, don’t make the mistake of skimping on the quality. Some products might be slightly expensive but due to the use of high-quality medical grade materials, they are safe and durable. Likewise, they are easy to use and clean. You should ideally opt for anti-snoring devices that are free from bisphenol A (BPA) and latex to avoid any allergies.
- Design – The design of the mouthpiece you are planning to pick should be slimmer so that it can be worn easily. Look for moldable, adjustable designs that can enable you to get accustomed to the mouthpiece quickly. There are many companies that offer such mouthpieces in different sizes.
- Custom-made mouthpieces – As opposed to standard designs, you might be at ease using a custom-made mouthpiece. These are preferred by most consumers as they are more accommodating and comfortable.
- FDA approval – All products used for medical purposes should be endorsed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). Buying an FDA-approved device guarantees that you have a product that is tested and safe.
- Warranties – The mouthpiece you purchase should at least last for nine months. Always look for a good warranty program to save money. If anything was to go wrong with your mouthpiece, then the company should be able to get a free replacement.
Top 3 anti-snoring devices
The following are some of the most popular anti-snoring devices in the market.
This FDA-approved mouthpiece is easy to use and designed with durable materials that are free from BPA and latex. The airflow ports employed in this anti-snoring device support the upper and lower jaw and keep the mouth partially open, facilitating easy breathing. The ZQuiet® mouthpiece generally lasts for 18 to 24 months based on your usage patterns and maintenance.
- Designed with BPA- and latex-free materials
- Approved by the FDA
- Affordable price
- Offered in two different sizes
- 30-day free trial
Read the ZQuiet® review here
VitalSleep by The Snore Reliever Company LLC
Simple to use and manage, VitalSleep by The Snore Reliever is offered at an affordable price. Its Accu-Adjust System® allows incremental adjustments, i.e., from 1mm to 8mm. The company has a customer-friendly return policy that includes a 60-day trial period.
- Available in two sizes
- Free from BPA and latex
- Adjustable mechanism
- Approved by the FDA
- 1-year warranty with replacements
Read the VitalSleep review here
Good Morning Snore Solution
One of the leading anti-snoring mouthpieces, the Good Morning Snore Solution is approved by the FDA. It has helped several people to effectively combat chronic snoring. Since it is engineered to have a universal size, you don’t have to undergo any complex customization process to get the best fit.
- FDA-approved mouthpiece
- Reasonable price
- Least invasive
- Universal fit
- 30-day guarantee
Read the GMSS review here
Picking the right anti-snoring mouthpiece is important to enjoy a good night’s sleep as well as prevent any possible health complications. We know that shopping for such a device can be a bit of a hassle as there are myriad of companies offering products with similar features. We attempt to resolve this very dilemma by streamlining your search for the best anti-snoring devices so that you can choose the most viable option based on your expectations and budget.